JOURNEY PREPARATIONS

A Journey around the world is no simple task.  As the organizers, we, at Air Journey, have a lot to prepare to ensure the best possible Journey so that it lives up to the "trip a of a lifetime" we praise.  I will not bore you with the details of challenges we've faced, however cultural differences, politics, weather, parking limitations, safety procedures, aircraft equipment and more, all play their roles in testing our problem solving skills. 

It never ceases to amaze me the amount of time and effort my team dedicates to the organization of our Journeys. Their sharing of my passion for showing the world to fellow pilots helps each Journey come into fruition and my visions come to life. 

As the Journey progresses, I will share with you our adventures, the good, the bad, the ugly and the beauty, as we progress along the way. 

This inaugural Journey required its own Air Journey logo:




First task at hand - PACKING:

I will be carrying one suitcase for the 59 day Journey along with my flight bag.  I chose the Club Glove Ballistic Checked Baggage created by a fellow aviator - Jeffrey Herold. Other adventurers have chosen this bag as well - made with ballistic material, it's nearly indestructible! There is an entire luggage set made from this material and one of its added benefits is the ability to clip all luggage together so by pulling one bag your easily pulling all your bags.  They are well made luggage, very strong, and work perfectly with my desired packing style - the packing cubes! 





My style of packing - the packing cubes:


In addition to the clothes required for such a Journey, we cannot forget the Gadgets! and if there is one thing we all know - I am a gadget guy! I would need a full blog devoted to all my gadgets if I started listing them out so for the time being I will share with you my photography/video plans.

With many pictures in my future, I will be bringing my Nikon P900 camera - it is lightweight, an easy shot and snap and has an incredible zoom!


  • 83x optical zoom/166x Dynamic Fine Zoom super telephoto NIKKOR lens
  • Built-in Wi-Fi and NFC (Near Field Communication technology) for wirelessly sharing photos to a compatible smartphone 
  • Dual viewing systems: a swiveling Vari-angle LCD display and a high resolution Electronic Viewfinder
  • Built-in GPS, full manual control, creative effects and more

A major highlight of our Journeys is the flying. As a memorable keepsake, I will be filming all of our approaches and landings along our route with a Garmin VIRB

  • Ultra HD 4K/30fps footage with 1.75-inch touchscreen display that lets you see what is being recorded
  • 3-axis image stabilization captures smooth and steady video, no matter the terrain
  • Shoot hands-free using voice control¹ to start/stop recording, take photos or remember moments
  • Built-in sensors and GPS capture G-Metrix™ data to prove how far, how high and how fast you went
  • High-sensitivity microphone captures clear audio in and out of the waterproof² case






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

HOW FAR HAVE WE COME?

ARE THERE KANGAROOS ON KANGAROO ISLAND?

DUBAI FOUNTAIN SHOW